The Boatmaster with a Rhine patent, also known as captain with a Rhine patent, or First Skipper with a Rhine patent, is (ultimately) responsible for the new LNG-powered inland tanker, its crew and the cargo.
The sailing route is primarily on the Rhine. Our new LNG-powered inland tankers are equipped with excellent facilities and accommodation.
We offer excellent working conditions and multiple rotation schedules, with Dutch social insurance and tax payments. No unpleasant surprises!
Applicants for the position of Boatmaster, Captain or First Skipper, who wish to work on one of Unilloyd’s new LNG-powered inland tankers, should be in possession of the following valid certificates and diplomas:
- Rhine patent
- VHF certificate
- Radar patent
- ADN Basic
- ADN Chemistry
Additional requirements for the position for Boatmaster, Captain, or First Skipper:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as Boatmaster, Captain, or First skipper in inland tanker shipping;
- Thorough knowledge of all legal and formal provisions;
- Good command of the Dutch language, verbal & written;
- Good command of nautical English, verbal & written;
- Good command of nautical German, verbal & written.
- In possession of Skipper diploma;